At Happyhaves we recommended cleaning the water container, water level sensor and ultrasonic mist chip every month and before storing. Clean it more frequently for heavy/frequent use. Clean every week for everyday use. A failure to clean your diffuser properly will result in the diffusion screen clogging and the water container staining. Damage to the unit will occur and it will result in voiding the product warranty.
If you are having problems with your diffuser, you can also see our troubleshoot page.
Cleaning the diffuser:
Before cleaning the externally exposed parts of your diffuser, always turn the power off on the product and remove plug from outlet and the diffuser. DO NOT clean the diffuser while it is plugged in to an electrical source.
- Unplug your diffuser so it is not connected to any electrical source and remove any batteries if applicable.
- Open the lid of the diffuser or open the cover for other diffusers
- Add some water and a small amount neutral cleanser into the water container.
- Use the cleaning brush to clean the inside of water container to remove any residual oil stain and rinse with water. Avoid water in the lid (diffuser part). Use a medium bristle art brush or a dental brush.
- When pouring out the water please pay attention to the water pouring direction. Avoid water entering the ventilation hole. If water enters the ventilation hole, try to gently shake out excess water and leave it to dry completely before trying to plug it in. Your diffuser is an electrical appliance. Avoid plugging in the unit if wet inside as it may result in damage to the unit and a shock hazard to you. Be smart and safe.
- After unit's exterior is clean, reassemble and your unit is ready to use. Periodically, you should run a cleaning cycle depending on how many times you use your diffuser.
Take care of your diffuser and it will take care of you!
If the unit is knocked over while in operation, water could leak into the internal mechanism of the unit; if this occurs, unplug from power, empty water and let unit dry out in well-ventilated area for at least 3 days.
Turn off unit and unplug from the power adapter prior to cleaning.
Empty water from the water tank
Use a clean, soft, damp cloth to wipe down interior and exterior of diffuser.
Frequency of necessary cleaning is dependent upon usage and types of essential oils used
For optimum results, clean the water tank before changing diffuser blends.